This is a module that is distributed with Tengine which is a distribution of Nginx that is used by the e-commerce/auction site Taobao.com. This distribution contains some modules that are new on the Nginx scene.The ngx_http_footer_filter_module is one of them.
This module implements a body filter that adds a given string to the page footer.
You might say that it provides a particular case of the http sub module in the sense that it adds something to the footer. You can do the same using the http sub module but using the footer filter should be faster since there's no string matching done on the request body.
context: http, server, location
It defines the string to be printed at the footer of the request body. This string can have variables embedded.
footer_types MIME types
default: footer_types: text/html
context: http, server, location
Defines the MIME types of the files where the footer will be included.
- Clone the git repo.
- Add the module to the build configuration by adding --add-module=/path/to/nginx-http-footer-filter.
- Build the nginx binary.
- Install the nginx binary.
- Configure contexts where footer filter is enabled.
I'm tagging each release in synch with the Tengine releases.
Other tengine modules on Github
It can be used to dump backtrace of nginx in case a worker process exits abnormally, e.g. when some signal is received (SIGABR, SIGBUS, SIGFPE, SIGILL, SIGIOT, SIGSEGV). It's quite handy for debugging purpose.
allows to serve a file by slices. A sort of reverse byte-range. Useful for serving large files while not hogging the network.
1. As referred at the outset this module is part of the Tengine Nginx distribution. So you might want to save yourself some work and just build it from scratch using Tengine in lieu if the official Nginx source.
2. If you fancy a bleeding edge Nginx package (from the dev releases) for Debian made to measure then you might be interested in my debian Nginx package. Instructions for using the repository and making the package live happily inside a stable distribution installation are provided.
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Alibaba Group Holding Limited
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.