New wiki and forum online
The new wiki (you're looking at it) is finally up. We've also got a fledgling forum, so be sure to head over there and create an account.
How many domains are served by Nginx? Statistics from the Netcraft Report show that Nginx currently hosts over 6 million domains. That's a nice jump from a little over two years ago when we were at 119,274 domains, most of them Russian. Nginx is currently the second most popular open source webserver (after Apache) and third overall.
We compare with Lighttpd here because it is similar to Nginx in features and popularity.
<lines title="Millions of Domains" ymin=0 ymax=7.0 ylabel=7 xlabel=1 legend grid=xy size=500x230 colors=FF0000,0000FF> Month,Nginx,Lighttpd Jan 2008,0.842206,1.536981 ,0.889958,1.565536 ,0.954122,1.552650 Apr 2008,1.018503,1.495308 ,1.013118,1.523148 ,2.125160,1.532952 Jul 2008,2.273785,2.942469 ,2.440386,2.914867 ,2.562554,3.095928 Oct 2008,2.817148,3.072457 ,3.023369,3.030958 ,3.354329,3.046333 Jan 2009,3.462551,2.989416 ,3.447596,2.984033 ,3.838784,1.819789 Apr 2009,6.100424,1.806657 </lines>
- Version 0.4 of Upload Progress Module from Brice Figureau adds Safari compatibility. (3 Jun 2008)
- SCGI Module from Manlio Perillo adds support for the Simple Common Gateway Interface. (29 Apr 2008)
- Google Perftools Module included in 0.6.29 supports a popular profiling tool. (18 Mar 2008)
- Docs for the new Access Key Module have been translated to English. (29 Dec 2007)
- Save CPU by pre-compressing content with the new Gzip Pre-Compression Module , introduced in Nginx 0.6.24. (29 Dec 2007)
- mod_wsgi 0.0.4 is "a fully conforming implementation of the WSGI specification ", suitable for serving many Python applications (1 Dec 2007)
- Nginx now works with Mono Server : use ASP.NET over FastCGI (12 Aug 2007)
- "Using Nginx, SSI, and Memcached" explains how to speed up web pages with Nginx's unique Memcached module (10 Aug 2007)
- Compare web servers with our Module comparison matrix (8 Aug 2007)
IRC Logs Back Online
Our old Arkivo bot (hosted by a third party) is apparently dead. A new bot is up on our own server. Unfortunately we've lost our history (as of 2007.11.10).
You can view the IRC logs here .