Nginx is a lightweight event-driven reverse proxy for web (HTTP, HTTPS) and mail (POP, POPS, IMAP, IMAPS) services.
To get started, please checkout the following resources:
Essential wiki pages to read:
- Documentation on the location blocks, the most important aspect of Nginx
- Documentation on try_files, almost every configuration will use this
- Documentation on the server_name directive
- Documentation on the rewrite directive
- Wiki page of common pitfalls you'll want to avoid
- An overview of all the standard modules. First place to look before you ask "Can Nginx do x?"
- A quick overview of why thinking like Apache won't help you learn Nginx.